Monday, May 20, 2013

In Medias Res

I wanted to write something up about what we're all up to. This already has been an absurdly packed year, so I suppose it's fitting that I should summarize with a Christmas letter in late-May. Let's begin.

Lucie is currently pulling her hair out. Not really, it's grown out most of the way from when she cut it real short last summer, but as she's entering mole-person territory as the LSAT approaches it's fair to say it's only from monumental self control that she doesn't look like that lady from Shutter Island.

Yeah, remember this lady? Creepiest part of the whole movie.

Oh, yeah. Did we mention that Lucie's preparing to apply to law school? We may have forgotten that. Let's see, last year she started a post-baccalaureate program in paralegalism. After wading through the grime and the muck of the law -- what else would you call transcribing dictation and drafting traffic complaints -- and still wanting more, Lucie decided on going to law school. So in the midst of an internship at the district attorney's office, getting a 4.0 in her second semester of the program and everything else involved in the day-to-day, she's been completing an arduous self-study program for the LSAT. She's sitting it on June 10th, and may be hard to come by until then.

Sean, myself, also finished this latest semester with a 4.0. Big surprise, huh, glasses couple is busy wearing glasses. So, I should back up a little. I spent last year working as a Field Agent for the Knights of Columbus, selling life insurance and a few other things, and that was alright. But, although I had decided against diving further in academia, the salesman lifestyle wasn't quite what I had in mind either. So, I started a MS in Accounting program through Texas A&M University Commerce. Can't remember where, but while I was freelance writing I heard it repeated that "accounting is the language of business." Makes sense to me, and the deeper into my program I get the more sense it makes. 
Since February or so, I returned to freelance writing. I got to stay at home with the kids and also have time to keep up with my classes. Over the next seven months I'll be taking 27 credits, which should put me on track to graduate and start working in public accounting by the time Lucie starts law school. So from time to time I may look like Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Should I link this up as my selfie?
Anyway, that's more or less what Lucie and I are up to. Lucie's also still teaching Irish step for her school, and I started brewing beer. The kids will have to be the subject of another post because I spent way too much time finding screenshots for this post.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys certainly are up to a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Corrado and I are the lazy couple, that's for sure! And that lady was the creepiest part of that moveie. Thanks for letting us know what is going on over there in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete