Monday, June 3. I (Sean) have a meeting with the Wisconsin not-for-profit service leader at Grant Thornton (5th largest accounting firm by revenue). Being a non-traditional accounting student, I've been sorta concerned about breaking into the recruiting pipeline to actually wrangle a job out of doubling-down on this grad school gambit. I could use your prayers that I make a good impression and maybe leave a step closer to actually working in accounting.
Monday, June 10. Lucie sits the LSAT. She must check-in no later than 12 pm, and the test begins at 1 pm. She has been studying intensively for it since the start of the year, and her recent practice tests have been showing very promising results. Law schools weigh this one score about equal with four years of class work. She could use your prayers that she hits an all-time high on test day.
Wednesday, June 12. I am having my gallbladder removed. Turns out, I've got a stone the size of a raspberry (or an 8-week-along baby) that exhibits what the surgeon called "positive Murphy signs." They're gonna puff my belly full of air, slice the gallbladder out, and close me up. I go in at 5 am, should be home by lunch and recovered within a month. I'd just appreciate a prayer that no complications occur.
Thanks everyone.
Will be praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteSo, how did everything go? Now we need an update post, once you have recovered of course!
ReplyDeleteI hope all is well, prayers for a speedy recovery! (From both the surgery and the LSAT :))